[vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]To create your first event, do the following:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Under the Events menu, click the Add New menu item. You’ll be taken to the Add New Event screen, where you can fill in the information about your event.
- Enter the title of your event in the field that reads Enter title here.
- Enter the start and end times of your event.
- Enter a description of your event in the text editor. You can upload images, add a video, insert shortcodes for registration forms from other plugins, or any other objects you might add to a regular WordPress post.
- Make sure to publish your event by clicking Publish.
To view your event, navigate to the calendar page you chose during installation.
Adding an image to your event
To add an image to your event, go to the “Edit event” page and click Upload/Insert, which is just below the title field of your event. You can upload items from your computer or link to a URL, just like uploading any content to WordPress. Then click Insert Into Post. This will insert your media into the post.
When adding an image to your event it’s important to consider how this image works in the overall style and feel of your site. Consistency is key here. Try to use images of similar aspect ratios and sizes to keep your calendar looking coherent. Images that are approximately square work best for Posterboard and Stream views. Don’t be afraid to experiment though. Some sites make use of strong contrasts to amazing effect. We have even seen some calendars that use gifs!
Lastly using the “add media” button you can attach other types of media such as videos to an event.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section]